A business continuity plan (BCP) is a documented series of processes that details how an organization will continue to operate during an unplanned or catastrophic disruption in IT services. These disruptions can be caused by natural occurrences (storms, floods, fire), technological failures, or human activities (cybertheft, ransomware, or sabotage). Still, the result is the same: your business grinds to a halt.
SolidTech’s SolidBackup ensures that downtime will be minimal regardless of the situation. Our multi-layered hardware, software, and disaster recovery planning are designed specifically to get your business back up and running during both short- and long-term outages. We focus on the key outcomes when creating the perfect Plan for your organization:
- high availability to protect your system against local failures
- continuous operations to keep things running during any disruption
- full recovery after a prolonged outage or catastrophic disaster.
Our fully integrated SolidBackup Business Continuity Services Include:
- Automated data backups that replicate your data to secure drives without any unnecessary drain of your network resources
- Hardened backup storage drives that can be located onsite or in the cloud at a secure data center
- Lightning-fast data restoration to restore your system in minutes, not hours or days
- Detailed recovery protocols designed by our technical team to reflect your organization’s unique structure and needs.
And because we always believe that knowledge is the most powerful first line of defence, SolidTech ensures that your employees and fully trained in the detailed documentation and processes needed to get your business back to speed with as little stress as possible.
Building an effective BCP
If your organization does not have a BCP in place, or if your current BCP needs an upgrade, SolidTech has the expertise to help you formulate an effective BCP that will ensure your company keeps running even during a significant crisis. All our plans include the following:
- Business impact analysis (BIA)
A BIA shows clearly how a disruption can affect your company's current functions and processes, including personnel, equipment, technology, and physical infrastructure. A detailed and complete BIA helps calculate the potential financial and operational loss from each function and process affected during a sudden and unforeseen outage.
- Recovery options
This step identifies the key resources essential to returning your business to minimum operational levels as quickly and effectively as possible. This section of your BCP includes outlining processes to allow your staff to transition to a work from home environment or operate from a secure secondary location.
- Plan development
With a BIA and recovery options stabilized, our team works closely with your organization to build a BCP that meets your unique organizational needs and requirements.
- Testing and training
With your BCP is in place, we build a testing regime to ensure that the Plan works as designed and that all gaps are identified and mitigated. We also conduct regular training for your employees to ensure that everyone knows their respective roles when a disaster strikes.
SEND US A MESSAGE!